Do you have data that is relatively static? Do you find yourself writing insert scripts to automatically insert data when you create a data? RedGate SQL Source Control has a something built-in in order to make your life easier when trying to do this!
What are the requirements?
- RedGate SQL Source Control License
- Database linked with SQL Source Control
- Table (that has static data) must have a primary key
How do I use it?
- Right click on the table you want to link the static data with
- Hover over “Other Source Control Tasks”
- Click on “Link/Unlink Static Data”
- Check off the tables that you want to link
- Commit your changes to TFS
What is the benefit?
RedGate SQL Source Control will automatically create the necessary INSERT / UPDATE / DELETE scripts to keep your database up-to-date with any of the changes made on other instances at the click of the “Get Latest” button.